Thursday, January 12, 2012

Quick....Cause a diversion

Hold on, this one is going to be geeky.

I'm on a bit of a Super Hero kick lately, I got Thor and Captain American for x-mas so I watched those and I've been reading the new Justice League and am planing on re watching movies like Super Man 1 and 2, The Iron Man movies....you get it.
Here is what I've always wondered......Why is the Flash a super hero? I understand he runs really fast, so what? If you ever watch the Justice League Secret Origins. The Flash's only job is to cause a diversion or distraction while another more capable hero does something heroic.

For me, the greatest moments of the Flash are when Sheldon dresses up like him on the Big Bang Theory.

This leads me to the comparison between The JLA (Justice League of America) and The Avengers.
Let's go to real life for a minute. Marvel Studios has beaten D.C./Warner Bros hands down. They way they've laid out films like Iron Man, Thor, Cap America and tied them altogether to prepare of the Avengers movie is awesome. The only down fall is if Avengers doesn't live up to the hype. (The movie also has Scarlett Johansson....that's pretty awesome). Yes, Warner Bros has had success with Christopher Nolan's BatMan films but there is no way Christian Bale is signing on for a JLA film. They're trying SuperMan again and Green Lantern wasn't anything to write home about. There's suppose to be a JLA film by 2015, but I think they've got a long way to go.

I heard this quote and believe it sums it all up; "Marvel has star power, but D.C. has legends." I think it's true BatMan, SuperMan...They're the tops, WonderWoman is cool but after that the drop off in name recognition is pretty steep (to the everyday person..not me and most of my friends). The Avengers have some major players, but it seems like EVERYONE gets to be an Avenger! I think I was an Avenger for a few years and didn't know it. The JLA is elite, ok the comic not the cartoon show (exhibit A: Wonder Twins). I know, I know, there are various sub groups of the JLA, but even though everyone in the Marvel Universe gets to be an Avenger , they still had to have West Coast Avengers and Great Lakes Avengers. What kind of evil super power is threatening the Great Lakes? is Michigan really that strategic to world dominance?

I know he won't be in the movie, but one of the original Avengers was AntMan.....AntMan? Look I know DC has Martian Man Hunter, but AntMan?

So, this was basically an argument with myself about who is better. I've got a picture of me at age 6 wearing SuperMan pajamas...I'm a D.C. guy. I'm very excited for an Avengers movie and looking forward to a JLA film. It's too bad D.C./Warner Bros couldn't get it together and beat AntMan to the punch.

Stay tuned for next time when I give out NFL post season awards!!!! Because I'm sure the sports world is dying for that one

No comments:

Post a Comment