Thursday, January 19, 2012

The BeauBowl

Ok, here it goes my NFL post season awards (I know the season is still going on)

Let me say a few things first
1.) My favorite number is 5 so I'm giving out 5 awards

2.) Most of these are meant to be funny (I hope)

3.)......I think somewhere deep inside, I might be a Saints fan..?

The "Don't Stop Believing Award" goes to the Eagles and Mike Vick. Remember the Mike Vick experience all the potential...all the let down. I began to face facts about a season before the dog fighting bust. Mike Vick is an average quarterback with moments of above averageness (I don't dare say greatness) Vick never became that player everyone thought and wanted him to be. He never threw like you thought he could, never ran like you wanted him too. He never ascended to the level we thought, never took over a game. At some point Clark Kent has to remove the glasses and step out of the phone booth. Vick is Clark Kent.... he just never became SuperMan. The Eagles hitched their wagon to Vick, and have probably set themselves back at the QB positions

The "Say It Ain't So Award" goes to Donovan McNabb. Awww, McNabb. I had a serious man crush on McNabb. He went to the Eagles (A team I used to support) and wore number 5, he made it to a Super Bowl. I was a firm believer that if the Eagles could just get him support they would win a SuperBowl, I was a firm believer that if the Vikings could of gotten McNabb instead of Favre they would of won a Super Bowl (maybe 2), I was a firm believer the Vikings would contend this year with McNabb. I was all set to buy a Purple and Gold #5 jersey (I look great in purple and gold) and join some of my friends and family on that big Vikings band wagon.  McNabb fizzled, I'm a firm believer the sun has set on McNabb's career.

"Coach of The Year" Ok, no joking aside. Sean Peyton. The Saints had a great year and the dude took a player to the knee and kept on coaching. Has a knee operation and is back on the sidelines. Dude is a champ!

MVP Award, Drew Brees. I know Aaron Rodgers had a great year (Sorry Ethan Smith) but Matt Flyn comes of the bench for Rodger and starts breaking records, that right there knocks Rodgers down a peg. Plus, Brees just seems like such a good person. He does so much charity and that SI cover after the Super Bowl of him holding his son in the air as the confetti rained down.....timeless. He's an example of good karma and he deserves a MVP award.

The "Thanks For Nothing Award"...is a tie. Peyton Hillis and Arian Foster. I drafted both of these guys for my fantasy team, I couldn't believe Foster fell to me at the 7th spot. Foster stunk it up as far as fantasy numbers go and I'm guessing Hillis is another victim of the Madden Cover Curse. Ugh, thanks for nothing guys!

Tune in next time for the top 5 new characters from The CloneWars (in my opinion of course)
Same BeauTime, SameBeau Channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment