Thursday, February 16, 2012

I'm ok with my body...but not yours.

Ok, I try not to whine, complain, or be negative on the internet but sometimes you just got to let somethings out.

I'm a big supporter of the YMCA, I'm a member, I've worked there, I've taken some awesome classes there and met some great people...but I've also seen the dark underbelly, and I mean underbelly.


The men's locker room can be a mysterious and frightening place, but there are rules. Eyes straight, no staring, and there should be another one...limit your nakedness and weird behavior.

What brings this about you may ask?, let's review some highlights.

 Naked  too long guy. So, you take a shower in the locker room, ok. If you choose to not take your towel to the shower with you, at least wrap up as soon as you reach your locker. Of course, the guy thats wants to take his sweet time air drying always seems to have the locker next to me.

Naked tooth brushing: You read that right. I'm just trying to wash my hands before working out and some dude that looks like an older version of Super Mario rolls up and starts brushing his teeth NAKED! Naked?, c'mon it's common courtesy, public tooth brushing...throw on some boxers.

The naked weatherman: What it is about being naked that makes some people want to talk about the weather. "So...pretty hot out huh?".....Dude, there's a strange naked man talking to me, I could careless about the weather I just want to get away from this uncomfortable situation.

Ipod No-Touch. Sadly, those other events have happened more than once, this next one only happened once, but it was too much.  I'm changing clothes, washing my hands and I hear video game noises. I start to look around and I still hear the noises and I see a pair of feet hanging in a stall. The guy or kid or whoever was playing with his phone while going to the bathroom. If you want to do that at home, fine but you can't play angry birds while riding the dinosaur in public. That's just great, this guy is now setting his I-Potty all over the gym equipment....gross.

I guess the only way to move past trauma is to talk about it...Thanks for listening.

Next time: Fandalorians!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and just so you know... the same stuff happens in the womens' locker room. But... contrary to most guys' beliefs and fantasies, it is not the young, gorgeous girls walking around naked, but the 85 year old ladies who just finished water aerobics....

    ReplyDelete